The Support View app provides visibility to support tickets that clients have opened. This article covers specifics about integrating with Jira, required as part of completing the integration.
How to install
To configure the Jira Support View integration, you must:
- Be a Jira admin.
- Be a user with full access to ClientSuccess.
In order to pull tickets into ClientSuccess from Jira, they will need to be grouped by client. While Jira doesn't provide this functionality natively, it can be done creating projects for each client or by use of a custom field.
Configure JIRA to allow ClientSuccess to read data
1. Go to https://[sub-domain].atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/applinks/listApplicationLinks
2. In the "Application Text" field, create a new link: https://app.clientsuccess.com and click "continue"
3. In the "Application Name" field enter: ClientSuccessApp
4. In the "Application Type" field select "Generic Application" and leave everything else blank.
5. Select the checkbox “Create Incoming Link”
6. BEFORE MOVING ON TO SETP 7 click "continue"
7. AFTER having clicked on "Continue" in step 6, enter the following value to the "Consumer Key": csAppKey
8. In the "Consumer Name" field enter: ClientSuccessApp
9. In the "Public Key" field, copy and paste the following into the field:
10. Click "Save"
Create a custom field in JIRA to assign tickets to
1. Go to the Administration page, select the issues tab, and on the bottom left under the "Fields" section, select "Custom Fields."
2. You should now see the Custom Fields section of the Issues Tab. On the upper right-hand corner, click the "+ Add Custom Field" button and a "Select a Field Type" modal should open.
3. Select the "Select List (single choice)" or "Select List (multiple choices) and click the Next button.
4. In the "Name" field, enter "Client" (it MUST be the exact word "Client" or else the system won't recognize it)
5. Add each of your clients as options. Note that the client name must be spelled exactly as it is in ClientSuccess.
6. When you have finished entering your clients, click "Create."
7. Next, select the screens that you want this field associated with.
8. Then, click "Update."
Authenticate in ClientSuccess
1. In ClientSuccess, navigate to the Integrations settings screen. Under Support Integrations, hover over JIRA, and click "Show Settings."
2. Click “Connect to JIRA” button.
3. Authenticate with a JIRA username and password.
*Note: When authentication is successful, you will be returned to the Apps and Integrations page.
4. As the final step, after you have authenticated and have everything connected, send the following to email@example.com :
- The name of the custom field you created (Example: mapped to "Client Name")
- Your Jira sub-domain (i.e.https://[sub-domain].atlassian.net.
Once support has completed the connection on the back-end with these last two pieces, they will notify you and the JIRA tickets should start to show up in the support app of each client record! Way to go!