The Support View app provides visibility to support tickets that clients have opened. This article covers specifics about integrating with Jira, required as part of completing the integration.
How to install
To configure the Jira Support View integration, you must:
- Be a Jira admin.
- Be a user with full access to ClientSuccess.
In order to pull tickets into ClientSuccess from Jira, they will need to be grouped by client. While Jira doesn't provide this functionality natively, it can be done creating projects for each client or by use of a custom field.
Configure JIRA to allow ClientSuccess to read data
1. Go to https://[sub-domain].atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/applinks/listApplicationLinks
2. In the "Application Text" field, create a new link: https://app.clientsuccess.com and click "continue"
3. In the "Application Name" field enter: ClientSuccessApp
4. In the "Application Type" field select "Generic Application" and leave everything else blank.
5. Select the checkbox “Create Incoming Link”
6. BEFORE MOVING ON TO SETP 7 click "continue"
7. AFTER having clicked on "Continue" in step 6, enter the following value to the "Consumer Key": csAppKey
8. In the "Consumer Name" field enter: ClientSuccessApp
9. In the "Public Key" field, copy and paste the following into the field:
10. Click "Save"
Create a custom field in JIRA to assign tickets to
1. Go to the Administration page, select the issues tab, and on the bottom left under the "Fields" section, select "Custom Fields."
2. You should now see the Custom Fields section of the Issues Tab. On the upper right-hand corner, click the "+ Add Custom Field" button and a "Select a Field Type" modal should open.
3. Select the "Select List (single choice)" or "Select List (multiple choices) and click the Next button.
4. In the "Name" field, enter any value you would like (ex: 'Customer').
PLEASE NOTE: You are allowed to use the field name "Client" if you like, however there will be extra steps required for setup and you'll need our support team's help to complete the setup.
5. Add each of your clients as options. Note that the client name must be spelled EXACTLY as it is in ClientSuccess.
5b. Optionally, if you have a large number of clients and entering them all as options for the "picklist" is too much, you can also set this field type as a text field. Just be aware that when the name of the client is added in JIRA and then associated in ClientSuccess, the name MUST be exact or the system won't recognize the JIRA record and the JIRA tickets will not show up in the support view of ClientSuccess.
6. When you have finished entering your clients, click "Create."
7. Next, select the screens that you want this field associated with.
8. Then, click "Update."
Authenticate in ClientSuccess
1. In ClientSuccess, go to your Global Settings and click on the "Integrations" on the left-hand of your screen. Find the "Jira Software" integration and click on the orange "Add Integration" button.
2. Enter your Jira domain, and click on "Connect"
3. Once authenticated, you'll see "Authenticated" in green in front of your Domain name at the top of the Jira Software screen.
4. Next, in the "Jira CustomField Code" field, enter the name of the custom field you created in Jira. If the field is named something other than "Client", we will want to enter the label of the field name. However if the field is name "Client", we will then want to enter the custom field code.
Then in the "Jira CustomField Type" field, enter a value of "text" or "nontext". If the field in Jira is a text field, enter "text". If it is any other type of field (including picklists\), enter the value nontext.
5. Toggle on the "Integration Sync" at the bottom of the screen.
Once the toggle is on, JIRA tickets should start to show up in the support app of each client record! Well done!
If you are having any issues with the integration, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to help.