This article reviews some of the benefits around our updated Revenue Growth report, which is only part of the story - be sure to compare against our Customer Growth Reporting Suite.
*Note*: This report is primarily driven by Subscription start dates, Upsell / Downsell dates, and terminated subscription dates during a selected date range.
This report includes the following enhancements:
- New Filtering Options - with this initial release, we’ve added filters for Client Type and Assigned To (more are planned to be added in future updates)
- Custom Date Ranges - new date selector allows you to look at the data in the timeframe that makes most sense for your business
- View data by Week, Month, Quarter and Year - improved date ranges will help you get the view and insights you need to understand what’s happening with your business
- Plus the ability to drill into the data based on how you view it (ie by week or month)
- New Metrics for Growth Rate and Retention Rate - understand where your customer base is growing and who you need to focus on
- Trend-line Comparisons - compare how you’re performing against previous periods
- Downloadable Charts - share exciting insights with others in your company and use them in presentations
- Dynamic Interactive Charts - the ability to click on reporting metrics (ie Existing, New, Reactivated, Churn, % Change) to better engage with you data and visualize what you want
Revenue Growth Report
The Revenue Growth report gives an overview of your Revenue growth and retention for a selected date range.
To better understand this view, here are some helpful definitions:
- Existing - The existing revenue from "Active" clients prior to the selected date range
- New - The revenue from "Active" clients with a Subscription start date inside of the selected date range
- Reactivated - The revenue from previously "Terminated" clients that come back as "Active" clients with a Subscription start date inside of the selected date range
- Upsell - The revenue increase from "Active" client subscriptions that is added midterm or as part of a renewal
- Cross-sell - The revenue from "Active" clients (with an existing subscription) that is added from a secondary subscription
- Downsell - The revenue decrease from "Active" client subscriptions that is removed as part of a renewal
- Churn - The subscription revenue that is "Terminated" within the selected date range
- % Change - The percentage difference of Total Revenue growth and retention from the previous period