**Note: This article is for step 3 of the Salesforce Integration with ClientSuccess. Be sure to follow the steps outlined in the proper order to successfully complete the integration.
ClientSuccess admins connect to the Salesforce integration within ClientSuccess.
How to Authenticate:
1. Begin by navigating to Global Settings (ClientSuccess Admin Users and above have access to this page) > Integrations. What you see here is the new home of 3rd party integrations that you have connected with your ClientSuccess. If you have already integrated other apps to ClientSuccess, you'll see them listed here; i.e. Zendesk, Delighted, Jira etc.
Once you complete your Salesforce authentication, you'll see that integration's icon appear here as well.
2. From here, click the orange "Browse Integrations" in the top right-hand corner. From this page, you can see a sneak peek of 3rd party apps that we're considering integrating with.
From this list, scroll down a ways to find the "Salesforce V2 (Labs)" integration and click the orange "Add Integration" button.
- Note that there is also a "Salesforce" integration. This is for the V1 or Legacy Salesforce integration. Please avoid accessing the V1 integration from this page.
3. A small window should pop-up encouraging you to enter your Salesforce Domain. Enter your domain, making sure to use "https://..." and click "Connect".
- Note: If no window pops up, please ensure that you don't have a pop-up blocker preventing the window from opening.
- Note: Be sure to use your Salesforce Classic URL, not lightning. See "Troubleshooting Your Authentication" below for additional details.
4. After we have validated that the domain you entered is a legitimate domain, a new window will pop up asking you to sign in. Using Salesforce credentials with permissions equivalent to a Salesforce Admin, sign in to Salesforce.
5. You will then be asked to confirm the list of permissions that ClientSuccess is requesting from your Salesforce. After confirming your approval, if the authentication was successful, you'll be taken back to the first pop-up window that will now say "We've successfully connected to your account."
- What if I don't make it to the "success" screen because I've encountered an error? See the "Troubleshooting Your Authentication" section below for troubleshooting steps.
Troubleshooting Your Authentication
Which URL should I use for the "Salesforce Domain (required)" step?
Q. Should I use my "Classic" experience or "Lightning" experience URL?
A. Always use your "Classic" experience URL.
Q. If I have a custom domain, should I use the custom portion of my domain?
A. Yes, use your full custom Salesforce domain. Example: "https://clientsuccess.my.salesforce.com".
Q. If I'm connecting my Sandbox Salesforce instance to ClientSuccess, what URL do I use?
A. For Sandbox authentications use: "https://test.salesforce.com".
Q. What if I'm connecting my production instance, but I don't use a custom Salesforce domain?
A. In this case use: "https://login.salesforce.com".
Q. Is the "https://" necessary to include with the URL?
A. ClientSuccess is looking for a full, and properly formatted URL. This includes the "https://" at the beginning as well as the ".com" at the end.
After submitting my login credentials, an error popped up on my screen. How do I resolve this? Error resolution will depend on what type of error you're presented with.
Error: "User secret is not configured"
Resolution: Please reach out to ClientSuccess Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve.
Error: "user is not admin approved to access this app"
Resolution: This error means that the Salesforce credentials being used to authenticate to ClientSuccess do not have the appropriate permissions to allow authentication to a 3rd party application.
Please review/update the Salesforce user permissions for whoever is attempting to authenticate, and then try again.
We're working to expand this documentation to address other errors you may see. Please email email@example.com with error details (including a screenshot of the error), and we will both assist you in resolving it and update this documentation accordingly.