The ClientSuccess MixPanel integration uses a direct connection via API to the MixPanel system to ingest usage data and events into ClientSuccess. The events can then be viewed in ClientSuccess as usage metrics to help determine the health of the customer based on usage.
The integration currently requires the assistance of the ClientSuccess Technical Team to install, set up and configure the usage events to be synchronized into ClientSuccess. There are 4 prerequisites needed for the initial installation and configuration:
- A new MixPanel “Service Account” with Admin access
- MixPanel Secret from the Service Account
- (Note: Please make note of the password for future use.)
- The ProjectID from the MixPanel Account
- A list of events that you want to consume for usage data into ClientSuccess.
- (Note: Events must be formatted properly in the “Your Properties” tab below.)
Things To Know
- The MixPanel integration is designed to capture usage data events and present them in the ClientSuccess Usage Data app
- The MixPanel integration will retrieve data from MixPanel once a day
- Events listed in Pre-rec #4 above must conform to the events format specified in section 4 below.
How To Get Started
- MixPanel Service Account - Create a MixPanel Service Account with the Admin role.
- The ClientSuccess technical team will need the MixPanel Service Account name and Secret for setup and configuration in the ClientSuccess platform. See example below:
- Account Name: my_service_account.xxxxxx.mp-service-account
- Secret: RXeFcydrvj0RxX0RVk9FLA4s4I8DYMJq [Example]
- MixPanel ProjectId - You will also need the MixPanel ProjectId to link to the proper MixPanel account.
- Usage Event Setup - Setup the integration data events in the “Your Properties” tab to capture the usage data events to be displayed in ClientSuccess. You will need to build an event structure similar to the “Your Properties” tab example below.
Note: The following fields are required in order to capture the usage data properly:
- From the list of events in MixPanel, determine which events you want to track and insert in the event structure format above. Here’s a small sample of possible usage events in MixPanel to use.
Once you have determined which events you would like to track and measure, then you will need to properly format the events in the “Your Properties” tab so the data can be collected and stored in the ClientSuccess Platform. Below is an example of how the events must be formatted so they can be ingested directly into ClientSuccess via the integration.
"event": "Signed UP!",
"name": "Big Company"
"name": "Ryan Jones"
Note: Only the Identity section with Organization, id, and name are required to bring usage data in at the customer level. (The “user” section is optional.)
Once you have entered the proper format for the events, please contact your CSM with that information so we can update the integration in ClientSuccess. (This is a temporary requirement that will eventually be replaced by the integration card.)
The ClientSuccess API has the capability to directly ingest usage data. Please see our Developer Portal for an example in the API documentation of what the data structure is supposed to look like.
The example below is the list of Body Params that can be used via the API.
Exporting MixPanel Data
The ClientSuccess API provides the capability to export the MixPanel Usage data. Please see the following documentation for instructions on how to export the MixPanel data. Export MixPanel Data
If you have any questions or need more information on the MixPanel Integration, please contact your CSM or Support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.