ClientSuccess is designed with the intentionality of helping you preserve every penny of recurring, renewable revenue. If you are managing your renewal and expansion process within the walls of ClientSuccess, or syncing contracts into ClientSuccess via a CRM integration, ClientSuccess is designed to help you gain insights into your forecast and effectively impact NRR.
What happens when a contract appears as overdue?
First, it is important to understand and diagnose why a contract may be appearing as overdue. Contracts can appear as 'overdue' for several reasons:
- Renewable, recurring revenue has not been renewed
- The forecasted 'lost' opportunity has not been synced into ClientSuccess from CRM
- The association ID between base renewal and forecasted won contract has not been mapped from CRM
- There has been a lack of manual associations between contracts housed within in ClientSuccess due to user error
How do I fix the indicator of false 'overdue' alerts for my renewals?
So you have already confirmed your open forecasts have all been renewed - congratulations! Is your account still showing as 'overdue'? We've got your back.
- Navigate to the overdue client page, open the earliest, base contract and then click 'renewals/amendments'
- Select the contract that renews the base contract and then click 'x' in the upper right corner
You will now notice an 'unlink' option amidst the chain relationship of new business to renewal, to renewal, for as long as the customer exists as a customer
What about linking co-termed upsell?
To add co-termed upsell or link it retroactively, either
- Map in the amendsID or ammendedID from CRM into ClientSuccess to resolve all historically missed associations
- Link the amendment (upsell/crosssell/downsell) retroactively in ClientSuccess by navigating to the base contract for that upsell, clicking 'renewals/amendments' and clicking the dropdown to link an existing amendment.
There may be additional outliers, so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help diagnosing your overdue opportunities.
Interested in learning more? Check out this quick training video to show you the clickpath of how to associate your contracts in a way that supports visibility into your revenue growth by category and helps you to effectively manage your book of business.
Please sign in to leave a comment.