These steps are for a ClientSuccess Admin to re-authenticate your SFDC integration within the Global Settings of ClientSuccess.
How to Re-Authenticate:
1. Begin by navigating to Global Settings (ClientSuccess Admin Users and above have access to this page) > Integrations. What you see here is the home of 3rd party integrations that you have connected with your ClientSuccess. If you have already integrated other apps to ClientSuccess, you'll see them listed here; i.e. Zendesk, Delighted, Jira etc.
2. From here, click the settings gear next to your Salesforce Integration under the Actions tab.
3. You will be taken to the Salesforce Integration Settings page. Here you will see where you can "Reauthenticate" your Salesforce integration. Generally what causes it to error/expire is either the person who initially set up the integration has left your company and their access has been revolt. Or the person who initially set it up does not have Salesforce Admin access.
Once you hit "Reauthenticate" a small window should pop-up encouraging you to enter your Salesforce Domain. Enter your domain, making sure to use "https://" at the beginning, all the way up to "salesforce.com", and click "Connect". See screenshot below for an example.
- If no window pops up, please ensure that you don't have a pop-up blocker preventing the window from opening.
- Be sure to use your Salesforce Classic URL, not lightning. See "Troubleshooting Your Authentication" below for additional details.
- Be sure that a Salesforce Admin is completing this step.
- If authenticating to a sandbox instance of Salesforce, use "https://test.salesforce.com"
4. After we have validated that the domain you entered is a legitimate domain, a new window will pop up asking you to sign in. Using Salesforce credentials with permissions equivalent to a Salesforce Admin, sign in to Salesforce.
5. You will then be asked to confirm the list of permissions that ClientSuccess is requesting from your Salesforce. After confirming your approval, if the authentication was successful, you'll be taken back to the first pop-up window that will now say "We've successfully connected to your account."
- What if I don't make it to the "success" screen because I've encountered an error? See the "Troubleshooting Your Authentication" section below for troubleshooting steps.
Once you've completed your authentication, it's time to review your Integrations Configuration page!
Troubleshooting Your Authentication
Which URL should I use for the "Salesforce Domain (required)" step?
Q. Should I use my "Classic" experience or "Lightning" experience URL?
A. Always use your "Classic" experience URL.
Q. If I have a custom domain, should I use the custom portion of my domain?
A. Yes, use your full custom Salesforce domain. Example: "https://clientsuccess.my.salesforce.com".
Q. If I'm connecting my Sandbox Salesforce instance to ClientSuccess, what URL do I use?
A. For Sandbox authentications use: "https://test.salesforce.com".
Q. What if I'm connecting my production instance, but I don't use a custom Salesforce domain?
A. In this case use: "https://login.salesforce.com".
Q. Is the "https://" necessary to include with the URL?
A. ClientSuccess is looking for a full, and properly formatted URL. This includes the "https://" at the beginning as well as the ".com" at the end.
After submitting my login credentials, an error popped up on my screen. How do I resolve this? Error resolution will depend on what type of error you're presented with.
Error: "User secret is not configured"
Resolution: Please reach out to ClientSuccess Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve.
Error: "user is not admin approved to access this app"
Resolution: This error means that the Salesforce credentials being used to authenticate to ClientSuccess do not have the appropriate permissions to allow authentication to a 3rd party application.
Please review/update the Salesforce user permissions for whoever is attempting to authenticate, and then try again.
We're working to expand this documentation to address other errors you may see. Please email email@example.com with error details (including a screenshot of the error), and we will both assist you in resolving it and update this documentation accordingly.