Automatically Add Pendo NPS Responses into ClientSuccess
Pendo is one of several tools that can be used to survey your customer’s net promoter score and this data can be ingested into ClientSuccess for the following purposes:
- Helping the CSM see and understand the aggregated NPS score on the client page
- Incorporating Pendo NPS into SuccessScore to drive automation, alerts, and a holistic understanding of customer health in line with important revenue data
- Relying on NPS as more than a vanity metric, and empowering CSMs to drive results in an informed way
The requirements for this integration are as follows:
- You are tracking NPS at the client object level in Pendo (referred to in Pendo as the Account ID)
- You have an automated CRM integration with ClientSuccess
***If you do not have a CRM integration, you can also manually upload your files via our self-serve importing tool or ingest them automatically via the ClientSuccess open API.
Step 1: Create Fields
The first step is to create a place to store your Pendo NPS data inside of ClientSuccess. Let’s get started.
- Click on your Avatar Icon > Global Settings > Field Settings
- At the client object level, create a decimal type custom field and name it Pendo NPS
Step 2: Send your Pendo NPS Scores to ClientSuccess
We already know there are several options for sending Pendo NPS scores to ClientSuccess where they can be ingested, calculated, relied upon, and used to make business decisions.
- If you have not already, first set up your data sync from Pendo to your CRM tool
- In ClientSuccess, the next step is to customize the CRM integration at the client object level to point the Pendo NPS field in your CRM tool to the custom field you created in ClientSuccess
- Finally, set the sync to automate so that every day your team logs in, they have fresh NPS data from Pendo to help them prioritize the right things and empower them to do great work
Step 3: Tie it all together
Now that you have ingested NPS from Pendo into ClientSuccess, so what? Let’s get to work!
Our next recommendations are to:
- Incorporate Pendo NPS as part of your SuccessScore
- Turn on alerts to notify CSMs when customer health wavers
- Automate follow-through SuccessCycles as part of the customer “get well” plan
- Add Pendo NPS as a column to the client grid view to view NPS client averages at a glance
- Ask your dedicated CSM for best practices, and schedule a time with them to fully leverage the way you use this metric to drive business results
- In Pendo, Account average NPS is represented by a decimal. I want Account average NPS to be represented by a whole number instead!
- No problem. Pendo calculates NPS average in a non-industry standard way, but that’s ok. In your CRM, anyone with CRM admin-level access can create a new formula field that takes the original field and multiplies it by 100.