We know how important ClientSuccess data and reporting is to you, so we have been busy working to improve our Pulse Reporting, metrics alignment, Revenue Dashboard, and delivering new Self-Serve File Import capabilities in the platform. We’re getting ready to launch several updates on Monday, December 13th, but before we do we would like to give you a heads up on the enhancements that will be coming.
New Self-Serve File Import Tool
We are excited to launch a new self-serve file import tool to allow you to import data into ClientSuccess - anytime, on-demand! Admins can access the Import tool in “Global Settings > Data Exports/Imports” as shown below:
Key features include:
- Import Clients, Contacts, Products, NPS Surveys, and Usage data
- Contract/Subscription/Revenue data imports are not quite ready for complete self-serve, but can be imported once reviewed by our Support or Services team
- File templates are accessible right within the tool and help guide you through the data fields that are required for import
- Field legends provide a list of valid columns, labels, descriptions and tips for the type of data that is required
- Import Preview displays the data that will be imported for validation prior to importing
Revenue Management Dashboard “Open Tab”
We’ve added a new “Open” Tab to the Revenue Dashboard that includes any contracts that are not forecasted, forecasted, or overdue to help your team focus on getting every remaining renewal across the finish line.
New Pulse Reports with Improved Data & Consistency
- Improved Metric Consistency - Client and Revenue data are more consistent across all reports including the Overview, Customer Growth, and Pulse reports.
- Pulse Reports - now include data from all Clients, including the forward-looking cARR and cMRR metric views.
- Removed ‘Client Status’ filter - to deliver a consistent reporting experience.
Sunsetting Legacy Pulse Reports
- With the release of the new and improved Pulse reports, we’ll keep the legacy Pulse reports in the report suite until Jan 15, 2022 (designated with a “Legacy” label beside them). This will allow you to get comfortable with the new reports before we take away the old reports.
Pulse Charting Updates
1. Pulse by Sentiment - Moved the ‘Not Set’ to the bottom of the chart for usability.
2. Satisfied vs Risk Graph- now includes ‘Not Set’ values for the complete representation of the metrics.
3. Risk Factors by Category - Removed ‘No Reasons’ category for Risk Factors that was creating a confusing experience.
4. Top Risk Factors - Removed ‘No Reason Code’ for Risk Factors that was creating a confusing experience.
New Churn Reason Report
- New Churn Reasons report - for a quick view of why customers have churned
- Fixed a bug where clients could be counted twice
- Better alignment for how we group the clients to be included in this report so consistent with the other reports.
Default Setting for Client as of Date - is now set during Client creation (if no date is provided) to create a consistent reporting experience. The “Client As of Date” field is important for customer/logo reporting.
Note: Missing Client as of Dates will not be filled in retroactively, but we now alert you in the UI when that there is no Client as of Date set so you can easily fill it in.
Will my metrics change?
Depending on how complete your ClientSuccess data is, you may see slight changes in the metrics for Client Counts and Revenue numbers, but should see metric alignment across the Overview, Client Growth, and Pulse reports depending on the cleanliness of your data.
What if my metrics don’t align?
If you see discrepancies in your metrics, please look for the following:
- Missing ‘Client as of’ dates
- Missing Revenue (subscriptions or contracts)
- Terminated Clients with active revenue or improper start and end dates
If you still can’t align them, please contact your CSM or our Support team email@example.com and we can help or point you in the right direction.
We’re excited to deliver these enhancements to you and hope you’ll find them valuable. Please reach out to your CSM with questions or for access to use the Self-Service File Import tool.