Our Microsoft Teams integration is a Teams web hook that must be installed via the Teams OAuth approval process. Please confirm that the user account completing the process has the permissions required to install Teams apps.
To see what our communication platform integrations support, please refer to our Communications Platform Integration Basics article.
- Authentication by an Administrator for the Teams application to post notifications
- The individual authenticating must be a member of the Team and Channel where the notifications will be sent
- Team name will be provided at time of authentication
- Integration must be completed by a ClientSuccess Admin or Manager or via their log-in
Microsoft Teams Team Structure
- "Customer Success" is the Team
- "General", "NPS", and "Pulse" are individual Channels
Step 1 - Browse the integration hub library in your Global Settings.
Find the Teams integration and click on "Add Integration".
Step 2 - Enter the Team name you want the notifications to be sent to in the "Team Name" configuration entry. Select Connect.
Step 3 - A new window will open to authenticate the Microsoft Teams system with ClientSuccess. Select "Consent on behalf of your organization" and click "Accept".
***Note: Pay close attention to pop-up blockers or other plug-ins that might interfere with this process. If you're not a Teams admin, this screen may not be available and you will be told that an admin must approve the app.
Step 4 - After successfully authenticating you'll be able to configure which notifications you want to use. Select "Edit" to the right of "Integration Settings" and enter the Channel name(s) and check the notification box(es) you want to use. When finished, hit "Save". Once enabled, the integration will be activated immediately.
***Note: "Sync Settings" is not required for this integration and can be ingored.
- I’ve successfully authenticated but I’m not seeing any notifications in teams.
- Make sure that the Team and Channel name(s) are correct and the desired notifications are enabled. Also ensure the individual who authenticated is a member of the desired Team and Channel.