Our Microsoft Teams integration is a Teams webhook that must be installed via the Teams OAuth approval process. Please confirm that the user account completing the process has the permissions required to install Teams apps.
To see what our communication platform integrations support, please refer to our Communications Platform Integration Basics article.
- Authentication by an Administrator for the Teams application to post notifications
- The individual authenticating must be a member of the Team and Channel where the notifications will be sent
- The Team name will be provided at the time of authentication
- Integration must be completed by a ClientSuccess Admin or Manager or via their log-in
Important: To use this integration, you need to have a license of MS Teams for Business
Microsoft Teams Team Structure
- "Customer Success" is the Team
- "General", "NPS", and "Pulse" are individual Channels
Step 1 - Browse the integration hub library in your Global Settings.
Find the Teams integration and click on "Add Integration".
Step 2 - Enter the Team name you want the notifications to be sent to in the "Team Name" configuration entry. Select Connect.
Then you need to set base configs for proper work of this integration:
OAuth Client ID / OAuth Client Secret - special creds, which are needed for identifying your MS Teams account in our system. To get them, you need to contact your administrator, which manages your Teams organization. In most cases, it is placed in the Azure platform.
Team name. The team is a special folder, which contains a bunch of channels.
Example of team. In this case,
ClientSuccessIntegration is a Team name
Step 3 - A new window will open to authenticate the Microsoft Teams system with ClientSuccess. Select "Consent on behalf of your organization" and click "Accept".
***Note: Pay close attention to pop-up blockers or other plug-ins that might interfere with this process. If you're not a Teams admin, this screen may not be available and you will be told that an admin must approve the app.
Step 4 - After successfully authenticating you'll be able to configure which notifications you want to use. Select "Edit" to the right of "Integration Settings" enter the Channel name(s) and check the notification box(es) you want to use. When finished, hit "Save". Once enabled, the integration will be activated immediately.
***Note: "Sync Settings" is not required for this integration and can be ignored.
- I’ve successfully authenticated but I’m not seeing any notifications in teams.
- Make sure that the Team and Channel name(s) are correct and the desired notifications are enabled. Also ensure the individual who authenticated is a member of the desired Team and Channel.