Are you a new Customer Success Leader to your company or in need of additional guidance on how your team can best utilize ClientSuccess? Want to learn how you can leverage the features and functionalities available to you?
This article will guide you from a Basic proficiency to becoming a ClientSuccess Pro.
Download our accompanying Leadership Adoption Milestones PDF to track your own adoption milestones.
Basic (usually completed as part of enablement or within a week of starting as a new leader)
- Initial profile setup
- Understand ClientSuccess dynamics as they apply to my success team
- Who on my team owns ClientSuccess?
- Do I know who my CSM is at ClientSuccess?
- What are the current objectives for my Customer Success team?
Level 1 (usually completed during or shortly after enablement, or within two weeks of starting as a new leader)
- "Basic" criteria completed
- Review the general best practices across the following areas of ClientSuccess:
- Automation - Have we streamlined and standardized internal and external customer success work as much as possible through automation rules?
- Engagements - Have we consolidated our emails and meeting notes in ClientSuccess to increase engagement visibility and accountability?
- Pulse - Are we leveraging Pulse to create organization-wide awareness and consistency on the health of our customers?
- Segmentation - Are we leveraging segmentation for a dynamic approach to viewing our book of business in ClientSuccess?
- SuccessCycles - Do we have strong SuccessCycles to manage our customer lifecycle consistently across our success team and all client types?
- SuccessScore - Do we have a strong SuccessScore profile (or profiles) to understand the behavior of your customers and their general health?
Level 2 (usually completed near the end of or shortly after enablement, or within three weeks of starting as a new leader)
- "Level 1" criteria completed
- General Adoption
- General Insights
- Account Review
- I’ve met with my ClientSuccess CSM to align current company objectives with adoption and recommended best practices
Pro (usually completed through adoption or within four weeks of starting as a new leader)
- "Level 2" criteria completed
- Gather feedback from the team
- I consistently look for recommendations on how to improve our use of ClientSuccess
- Meeting with CSM
- I have regular reviews with my CSM to ensure we’re always aligned on adoption and recommended best practices
- Become more familiar with standard ClientSuccess functionalities
- Better understand ClientSuccess best practices
- Know where to find additional ClientSuccess training materials