Our Slack integration is a Slack webhook that must be installed via the Slack OAuth approval process. Please confirm that the Slack user account being used to complete the process has the full permissions required to install Slack apps (typically an Admin).
To see what our communications platform integrations support, please refer to our Communication Platform Integration Basics article.
Step 1 - Browse the integration hub library in your Global Settings.
Find the Slack integration and click on "Add Integration".
Step 2 - Select Connect. This will open the Slack authentication process. A user with permissions in Slack to add integrations (typically an Admin) must complete this step.
Step 3 - Within the Slack authentication step, confirm the workspace and approve the integration by selecting "Allow".
**NOTE*** - If your account does not have the required permissions you will see an error stating there was a problem authenticating your account that looks like this:
This means that the Slack user account completing the process doesn't have the permissions required to install Slack apps. That account will need to be an Admin account. If you have confirmed the user does have the proper permissions, you'll need to check with Slack support to resolve this message before moving to Step 4.
Step 4 - After successfully authenticating you'll be able to configure which notifications you want to use. Select "Edit" to the right of "Integration Settings" and enter the Channel name(s) and check the notification box(es) you want to use. When finished, hit "Save". Once enabled, the integration will be activated immediately.
Step 5 - Invite the ClientSuccess chat bot to your channel with the following text in the invite:
- Can I filter the different Pulse or NPS alerts that are pushed through to the slack channel?
- Yes. If you want to filter which alerts come through (example: exclude "Severe Risk" notifications), our support team, firstname.lastname@example.org can create that filter for you.
- Can I use a private channel in Slack for my notifications?
- Yes, a private channel can be designated by name however an extra step is required to invite the ClientSuccess bot to the desired channel. Use the Slack invite command to /invite @clientsuccess to the channel. You must have the proper permissions to complete this step.
- Why aren’t my notifications appearing in Slack?
- Make sure the notification is Enabled and that a proper channel name is configured. After confirming these items please check the integration history for the Slack integration and see if any error messages are present.