About the Integration
Our integration provides management of Client and Contact data, with a focus on field mappings between ClientSuccess and external systems. As part of the integration, you'll also have control over sync frequency (how often the data is synced) and sync direction.
To integrate external systems with ClientSuccess, you must:
- Connect using a log-in with admin-level permissions
- Salesforce must be able to support API and connected apps
- You may need to make sure the admin is properly authorized in the external system to self-authorize connected apps (common in Salesforce integrations)
- We also recommend as a best practice, though it is not required, to connect with a log-in used specifically for integrations. I.e. an "API User" or "Operations User"
General Steps to Implement (New Customers)
5. Run initial import (article coming soon)
If you are an existing customer, and are either migrating from the legacy Salesforce sync, or configuring a Salesforce sync for the first time, please reach out to Support to discuss additional steps required in addition to what's listed above.
The integration provides the following functionality:
- Map company level data to ClientSuccess Clients
- This data will typically come from your "Account" object
- Example: Client Name (Account Name), Client As Of Date (Customer Start Date), Client Type (Account Type)
- Map contact level data to ClientSuccess Contacts
- Example: First Name, Last Name, Title, Email
- Define your sync criteria
- Via your "Resource Filter", you will have control over which customer and contact records will be synced to your ClientSuccess Clients and Contacts
- Example: sync customers if their "Account Status = Customer", as it appears in your Salesforce instance
- Determine sync direction
- Set sync frequency
- Dictate how frequently we pull data from your Salesforce, and ingest it into ClientSuccess. This allows you to influence how much traffic we generate against your Salesforce API
- Option to enable automatic push for Engagements from ClientSuccess to external system (currently only available for pushing ClientSuccess to Salesforce)
For a more technical explanation of the Salesforce integration, see this article.