**Note: This article is for step 2 of the HubSpot Integration with ClientSuccess. Be sure to follow the steps outlined in the proper order to successfully complete the integration.
With the ability to map HubSpot Company and Contact data to ClientSuccess Companies and Contacts, you'll need to let us know which mappings you'd like to set and sync.
If your CSM hasn't already shared one with you, you can make your own copy of the HubSpot field mappings template here.
Please make sure to populate these items as you complete the template:
- Identify the frequency of sync wanted, keeping in mind API limits.
- Identify the filter(s) to determine which Companies and Contacts will be synced.
- We recommend creating a boolean (checkbox) field in HubSpot that's updated via formula or workflow. This allows you to configure more custom criteria but also provides a single identifier for any company that should be syncing with ClientSuccess.
- Other options may include something like Company Type = Customer
- Identify how unique Companies and Contacts will be determined. If you are a new or current customer, we recommend the HubSpot ID.
- Other identifiers could be Company Name for Companies and Email Address for Contacts, though any variation would result in the creation of a new company or contact.
- 'Client types' AND 'client' and 'contact' custom fields must be created in ClientSuccess prior to step 4 in the HubSpot Integration with ClientSuccess, "Property configuration and validation".
- For client and custom fields, you only need to populate the 'label' field when creating the custom field. The key will be auto-created and should not be changed.