**Note: This article is for step 2 of the HubSpot Integration with ClientSuccess. Be sure to follow the steps outlined in the proper order to successfully complete the integration.
- Identify the frequency of sync wanted, keeping in mind API limits.
- Identify the filter(s) to determine which Companies and Contacts will be synced.
- We recommend creating a boolean (checkbox) field in HubSpot that's updated via a HubSpot Calculated Property or Workflow. This allows you to configure more custom criteria but also provides a single identifier for any Company that should be syncing with ClientSuccess.
- Here are additional details on configuring your filter for your Client sync, and your Contact sync.
- Identify how unique Companies and Contacts will be determined. If you are a new or current customer, we recommend the HubSpot ID.
- Other identifiers could be Company Name for Companies and Email Address for Contacts, though any variation would result in the creation of a new company or contact.
- 'Client types' AND 'Client' and 'Contact' custom fields must be created in ClientSuccess prior to step 4 in the HubSpot Integration with ClientSuccess, "Property configuration and validation".
- For Client and custom fields, you only need to populate the 'label' field when creating the custom field. The key will be auto-created and should not be changed.