About the Integration
Our HubSpot integration provides management of Company and Contact data, with a focus on property mappings between ClientSuccess and HubSpot. As part of the integration, you'll also have access to our UI giving you control over sync frequency and direction.
To integrate HubSpot with ClientSuccess, you must:
- Authenticate to HubSpot in ClientSuccess using Super-Admin permissions
- HubSpot must be able to support API and connected apps
- You will only have as much access to with your integration as the person who authenticates has, which is why it is important to use a super-admin to set up the authentication.
- We also recommend as a best practice, though it is not required, to connect with a log-in used specifically for integrations. This avoids the mishap of a user leaving your company and that user being deactivated, breaking the integration.
General Steps to Implement (New Customers)
1. Authenticate HubSpot to ClientSuccess
2. Create a Company level and Contact level "Sync with ClientSuccess" checkbox, and mark those Companies/Contacts you want to sync as "Yes"
3. Setup the required field mappings on your Client and Contact objects as shown here:
Warning: If you want to map "Status" bi-directionally from ClientSuccess to HubSpot it has to be explicitly mapped to the exact name and "case' if you want to push information back to HubSpot from ClientSuccess. The ClientSuccess API is not case sensitive, but the HubSpot API is.
Client-required field mappings:
Contact-required field mappings:
4. Set the sync "Direction" at the level of the object (Client / Contact)
5. Run initial import...
6. Once import is successful, Set your PULL SCHEDULE to the desired time frame of pulling data into ClientSuccess from Hubspot
If you are an existing customer with some data already in ClientSuccess, and are configuring a HubSpot sync for the first time, please reach out to Support to discuss additional steps required in addition to what's listed above.
The HubSpot integration provides the following functionality:
- Map HubSpot Company data fields (default setting, can map to Deals object if desired) to ClientSuccess Clients
- ie Client Name, Client As Of Date, Client Type
- Map HubSpot Contact data fields to ClientSuccess Contacts
- ie First Name, Last Name, Title, Email
- Define your criteria for which HubSpot Companies and Contacts will be synced to ClientSuccess Clients and Contacts
- ie Account Type = Customer, All Contacts
- This is done by creating a "Sync with ClientSuccess" checkbox field
- Determine sync direction between ClientSuccess and HubSpot for each HubSpot Company and/or Contact field,
- ie bi-directional, HubSpot to ClientSuccess, ClientSuccess to HubSpot
- Set sync frequency
- Dictate how frequently we pull data from your HubSpot, and ingest it into ClientSuccess. This allows you to influence how much traffic we generate against your HubSpot API
Once you're ready to implement the HubSpot integration, begin by authenticating HubSpot to ClientSuccess.
For a more technical explanation of the HubSpot integration, see this article.
Article is closed for comments.