**Note: This article is part of step 2 of the Salesforce V2 Integration with ClientSuccess. Be sure to follow the steps outlined in the proper order to successfully complete the integration.
In your Salesforce Account object you will likely have fields that refer to other objects in Salesforce. Common examples of this include: Account Owner, Sales Representative, and CSM. In these instances, the Account Owner is displayed as a friendly name, but is actually stored with an ID on the Account object. We want to have the friendly name displayed in ClientSuccess, not the ID. You have two options:
- Perform the lookup in Salesforce and pass the friendly name to ClientSuccess:
- To do this, you create a Custom Formula Field in Salesforce. Instructions on creating a formula field can be found here: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=customize_formulas.htm&type=5
- For example, if you are looking up the Account Owner field, you would use a simple formula of ‘Owner.FirstName & " " & Owner.LastName’ on a new field in Salesforce named, for example, “ClientSuccess Assigned Sales Rep”. This will put the friendly sales rep name in a field that is easy to pull over in the integration.
- In this scenario, the Sales Rep./Account Owner in Salesforce will NOT be updated when this field is changed in ClientSuccess.
- If you have setup the sync direction to pull from Salesforce to ClientSuccess, any edits of this user field in ClientSuccess will be overwritten during the sync from Salesforce.
- Pass the ID to ClientSuccess and perform the lookup in ClientSuccess:
- First, populate the Salesforce unique identifier in ClientSuccess for the user. You can find this field in ClientSuccess > Global Settings > Teams > User > Salesforce System ID.
- If you have users that do not need access to ClientSuccess (e.g. Sales Rep), you can set them up in the "Sales (Limited)" role. These users do not impact your license count.
- We will pull the ID from Salesforce, do the lookup in ClientSuccess, and populate the friendly name in CS. The friendly name will be populated in the "Assigned Sales Rep Association" pick-list field in ClientSuccess.
- You can also pass an email address to ClientSuccess instead of a Salesforce ID.
- Changes to Sales Rep in ClientSuccess will be pushed back to Salesforce if you have bi-directional sync enabled. This is the recommended approach if you need a bi-directional sync between Salesforce and ClientSuccess.
- You can also pass the ID to ClientSuccess for non-user fields as well:
- Set the Client Success Custom Field type to "Picklist" in Global Settings > Custom Fields. ClientSuccess will accept whatever values are sent in.
- Once the IDs have come over from Salesforce, simply go in to Global Settings > Custom Fields and overwrite the ID with a friendly name. Once the ID is re-labeled, the friendly name will be displayed going forward.
- If you need to see the mapping of ID to friendly name, please contact Support.