We are excited to announce ClientSuccess to Slack integration via Zapier Zap. This new integration allows you to push key data attributes to a predefined Slack channel once those attributes are updated in ClientSuccess.
The major benefit to you will be the ability to provide client health insights and visibility in Slack to others that may not be in ClientSuccess. The right insights can be delivered to the right people at the right time. Executives and other stakeholders will love this integration. It will help you drive a culture around customer success with real-time data and insights pushed to Slack.
Let’s Get You Set Up
To get you excited, this article will walk you through one of our favorite use cases for this integration, which is pushing a Client Pulse, Reason Codes, and Notes set in ClientSuccess to a predefined Slack channel.
Steps to Set Up this Integration
- Create an free account on Zapier.
- Click on this link, to navigate to the ClientSuccess to Slack Zap.
- Click the Connect ClientSuccess + Slack button.
- You will be prompted to select a ClientSuccess Trigger, select New Pulse and hit the blue button Save + Continue.
- You will see the gray button called Connect an Account. Click on it and use your ClientSuccess login credentials to connect ClientSuccess to Zapier.
- Do not enter anything into the "Client ID" and "Disposition" fields. Leave them blank and hit the blue Continue button in the bottom, right-hand corner.
- You will arrive on the Test ClientSuccess page. You will see an two important notifications in yellow that read: Make sure you have at least one recent pulse created and make sure it matches trigger options you picked below. Click the blue button Fetch & Continue.
- If your test is successful, you’ll receive a green notification that reads Test Successful!. Hit continue and you will have your trigger set up.
- Then you will move to Step 2 in creating your Slack integration, which is creating an action for your zap. You will choose Slack as an Action App. You might need to search for Slack. Click on Slack, choose your Slack account. If your slack account is not on there, click the gray Connect an Account Button. Use your Slack login credentials.
- Choose Send Channel Message
- You now will be taken to Setup Preview
- First choose the Slack channel. Tip - think about who you want to see the updates that will be pushed from ClientSuccess to this Slack hannel. You will have to create this channel before you can choose it from the list.
- For this example we chose a previously created channel called pulse. All of our updates will be pushed to this channel.
- Then move to the section called Message Text. This area represents data attributes and text that will be pushed from ClientSuccess to your chosen Slack channel. This is where the magic occurs. You can add attributes by clicking the plus icon on the ride side of the box.
- You can copy the exact example found in the Message Text below. The message that will be pushed to slack will show the CSM name, Client Name, Risk Factor, Reason Codes and any notes.
**Note - you need to build it out exactly as it looks below with the right symbols, spaces, text, and attributes for it to work.
- Move to the next set. Choose yes for send as a bot (see above).
- Then you can change the bot name to any name you would like, in this example we name the bot ClientSuccess. If you want to have another icon for the bot icon, you can create an icon and ad the hosting URL for this.
- Now you can test the integration. You can see the message and format pushed to the channel. Tip - during testing it might be best to make your channel private. Once you verify the message and format of the integration, you can make the channel public.
- Below is an example of how it should look before you push it live if you built out the text and format from the example above.
- Hit the blue button continue, name your Zap, and turn it live.
- Once you have validated the test looks the way you want it to look, every time a client Pulse is set you will see the information from the Message Text appear in the channel. Note: The zaps are made about every 5-10 minutes. It is not instantaneous.
Get excited - this will help you drive visibility to around your customers to the entire company!