The Salesforce integration provides the following functionality:
- Import existing Salesforce accounts into ClientSuccess
- Set up a workflow rule to have new accounts sent to ClientSuccess
- A ClientSuccess app called "Salesforce Fields" to synchronize Salesforce account details
- Ability to synchronize contacts between Salesforce and ClientSuccess
- An interface to synchronize subscriptions with the ClientSuccess custom Object in Salesforce
- A ClientSuccess Client View in Salesforce
- The ability to push ClientSuccess "Engagements" into Notes and Activities in Salesforce
Configuring the integration
To integrate Salesforce with ClientSuccess, you must:
- Be an admin user in ClientSuccess.
- Be running Salesforce Enterprise Edition or higher.
- Have access to a Salesforce administrator.
We highly recommend using a Salesforce user account dedicated for the integration to isolate salesforce API usage coming from ClientSuccess.
Steps for Salesforce Integration Configuration
1. In Salesforce, install the ClientSuccess package.
2. In ClientSuccess navigate to Global Settings > Apps & Integrations.
Click "Settings" to the right of "Salesforce" to reveal configuration settings then click the "Connect to Salesforce" button and sign in with the dedicated Salesforce user account.
3. In ClientSuccess, enter your Salesforce Organization ID and click "Save."
If you don't know where to locate your Organization ID, follow the steps in our "Where can I find my Salesforce Organization ID?" article.
4. In Salesforce, update the "Sync with ClientSuccess" checkbox to denote which accounts you'd like to bring into ClientSuccess.
This can either be done manually or through a Salesforce bulk update. By updating the "Sync with ClientSuccess" checkbox in Salesforce, you'll (1) have a single identifier for importing your existing accounts and (2) accounts will be sync-enabled.
5. In ClientSuccess, configure the Salesforce Fields module.
6. In ClientSuccess, use the Import Wizard in ClientSuccess to import your existing accounts from Salesforce. Note that you'll want to use "Sync with ClientSuccess" as your filter, as previously completed in Step 4.
As part of importing your existing accounts from Salesforce, Salesforce account details and contacts will be brought over into ClientSuccess.
Once you've completed the steps 1-6, we recommend considering the options below.
Highly Recommend and Frequently Used Configuration Options
- Add the ClientSuccess client view to the Salesforce Account page layout
- Set up a workflow to have new Salesforce accounts sent to ClientSuccess
Additional Configuration Options
- Configure settings and workflows for the interface to synchronize subscriptions with the ClientSuccess custom object in Salesforce