The ClientSuccess 'Client View' widget is an app that is installed in Salesforce to provide and bring the rich data and experience of ClientSuccess directly into the Account Object within Salesforce — including SuccessScore, SuccessCycle, Subscriptions & Renewals, Engagement, and Pulse. This ensures Salesforce users have a complete view of customer interactions in real-time.
How to configure
This ClientSuccess app is provided exclusively for Salesforce and requires that a Salesforce Admin install our ClientSuccess package in Salesforce.
Other integration capabilities, such as the syncing of data, are provided via our native Salesforce Integration. (Note: This was provided by the ClientSuccess in the past, but is no longer supported by the latest app).
Install or upgrade the ClientSuccess-Salesforce Package
To upgrade from a previous installation, follow installation steps 2-7 below. (Note that the button in step 2 will say "Upgrade" instead of "Install.")
To install the ClientSuccess package for Salesforce, you must:
- Have added your Salesforce ID in ClientSuccess.
- Have your customer/client data in ClientSuccess with the correct Salesforce IDs
- Have permissions to install packages into Salesforce.
- Have Salesforce Enterprise edition or higher.
Important note as of August 2022
If you are upgrading this app from an earlier installed version (=< v3.26), you need to remove the ''ClientSuccessAccountView" (old canvas app) from any Account Page Layouts you have. (See the 'Add ClientSuccess Section and Canvas App to the Account Page Layout' section below for how to navigate to that section of the setup/config.)
1. Log into ClientSuccess and add your Salesforce Org ID in the Global Settings:
You can find this in ClientSuccess in Global Settings > Apps & Integrations > Salesforce Canvas Settings. Click on the "Settings" button on the right side of that row and you should be able to see the Salesforce Org Id.
*Note: You will want to check the Org Id you have in Salesforce and fill in the missing Salesforce Org Id.
You can check this Salesforce Org Id using the following instructions:
Click on Setup > Company Profile > Company Information. The Org Id should be in the field "Salesforce.com Organization ID."
Click on Salesforce Setup > Company Settings > Company Information. The Org Id should be in the field "Salesforce.com Organization ID. The only other thing that we should need for this to work (other than user permissions) is to have the clients in ClientSuccess have the correct Salesforce Id.
2. Click the appropriate link below to access the ClientSuccess package:
3. Select “install for All Users” and click “Install.”
4. You'll see a spinner while it installs.
5. And then a confirmation once it's done.
6. Then, approve third-party access.
7. After installation (or updating) is successful, go to Setup->Apps->Connected Apps->Manage Connected Apps. We need to modify some permissions for the newly installed app in order for all users to see.
Click into the `ClientSuccessAccountView` app. Then click 'Edit Policies'
Change (or confirm) the following settings and adjust as necessary in the "Connected App Edit" of Salesforce:
- Set Permitted users to “Admin approved users are pre-authorized.” Click "OK" in the alert that appears.
- Set IP Relaxation to "Relax IP restrictions".
- Set Refresh Token Policy to "Refresh token is valid until revoked".
Make sure to click “Save.” You should then be returned to the 'ClientSuccessAccountView' config page. Scroll down to the 'Profiles' section and click 'Manage Profiles'
You should now see a list of your org's profiles. Select the profiles of those that you wish to give access to see the widget. (you need at least 1). Then click 'Save'.
Add ClientSuccess Section and Canvas App to the Account Page Layout
Go to the Page Layouts for the Account object/entity.
1. Go to Setup/Home->Object Manager->Account->Page Layouts
- For Classic : Setup->Build->Customize->Accounts->Page Layouts.
2. If you have multiple page layouts, you’ll see a list here. Select “Edit” and go through the next few steps for each layout to which you want to add the widget.
3. Select "Visualforce Pages in the menu (left column) and then click and drag a section down and place it on the page.
4. After positioning the new section, a modal will appear where you will need to name the section. Name it “ClientSuccess,” check “Detail Page” and “Edit Page,” and 1-Column (required) for Layout. Then click “OK.”
5. Then, save the changes. The 'quick save' option should be enough.
6. Again under 'VisualForce Pages', drag the item labelled 'ClientSuccess_Canvas_Account_View' to the new section you just created
7. Next, click the small Properties wrench icon in the upper-right corner of the ClientSuccess section you just added.
8. Set the height to 425 pixels and click “OK.”
9. Save the layout again ('Save' or 'Quick Save')
Tip: Depending on your account page layout, you may want to give some more width to the canvas widget/app's parent container/section (in 'Lightning Record Pages' for Lightning) so the widget can be fully displayed.
10. Check your integration by going back into Salesforce interface, selecting the tab you just modified (Account) and scroll down to look for the ClientSuccess section. You should see information from ClientSuccess for the particular account that you are viewing.
This article leaves out an important step or there is an error in the system. Even after assigning it to respective profiles during install, I had to go into the connected apps section and also "manage profiles" ability to view the tool. Additionally, this does not show how to complete these steps in lightning, which is different.
Please sign in to leave a comment.