The ClientSuccess client view is an app that is installed in Salesforce to provide, and brings the rich data and experience of ClientSuccess directly into the Account Object within Salesforce—including SuccessScore, SuccessCycle, Subscriptions & Renewals, Engagement, and Pulse. This ensures Salesforce users have a complete view of customer interactions in real-time.
How to configure
This ClientSuccess app is provided exclusively for Salesforce and requires that a Salesforce Admin install our ClientSuccess package in Salesforce.
Other integration capabilities, such as the syncing of data, is provided through via our native Salesforce Integration.
Install or upgrade the ClientSuccess-Salesforce Package
To upgrade from a previous installation, follow installation steps 1-4 below. (Note that the button in step 2 will say "Upgrade" instead of "Install.")
To install the ClientSuccess package for Salesforce, you must:
- Have permissions to install packages into Salesforce.
- Have Salesforce Enterprise edition or higher.
- Click the appropriate link below to access the ClientSuccess package on the Salesforce AppExchange:
2. Select “install for All Users” and click “Install.”
3. You'll see a spinner while it installs.
4. And then a confirmation once it's done.
Note: Often, Salesforce will inform you that the installation is taking a while and will send you an email notifying you once it's complete.
5. Then, approve third-party access.
6. To avoid delayed authentication issues which can cause syncing issues between Salesforce and ClientSuccess, under the OAuth policies, confirm the following settings and adjust as necessary in the "Connected App Edit" of Salesforce:
- Set Permitted users to “Admin approved users are pre-authorized.” Click "OK" in the alert that appears.
- Set IP Relaxation to "Relax IP restrictions".
- Set Refresh Token Policy to "Refresh token is valid until revoked".
Make sure to click “Save.” You should then be returned to the list of connected apps and can continue configuration.
7. Next, navigate to the ClientSuccess tab by clicking the "+" in the navbar.
8. On the ClientSuccess Settings tab, ensure that environment is set to "PROD."
9. Click "Save."
Add ClientSuccess section to the Account Page
1. Under “Build” in the left sidebar, select “Customize,” then “Accounts,” and finally “Page Layouts.”
2. If you have multiple page layouts, you’ll see a list here. Select “Edit” and go through the next few steps for each layout you want to add the account view too.
3. Select "Canvas Apps" in the menu and then click and drag a section down and place it on the page.
4. After positioning the new section, a modal will appear where you will need to name the section. Name it “ClientSuccess,” check “Detail Page” and “Edit Page,” and 1-Column (required) for Layout. Then click “OK.”
5. Then, save the changes.
Add fields to the Account page layout
For quick access and visibility, we also recommend adding following ClientSuccess fields to your Account page layouts. Complete the following steps to add these fields to your Account page layouts.
1. Navigate to the Setup area (there is generally a link to this in the upper-righthand corner). Then, under “App Setup” in the left sidebar, select “Customize,” then “Accounts,” and finally “Page Layouts.”
2. Select “Edit” next to Account Page Layout(s) that you would like to add these fields to.
3. The "Fields" section should be selected by default. Locate the following fields, by scrolling horizontally or using the Quick Find search field, and then drag them down into the Account Information section below. A pop-over will appear when you hover over the fields, revealing details and allowing you to confirm that it is the correct field from the ClientSuccess app.
4. Next, click the small Properties wrench icon in the upper-right corner of the ClientSuccess section you just added.
5. Set the height to 425 pixels and click “OK.”
6. Save the layout again and you’re done.
7. Check your integration by going back into Salesforce interface, selecting the tab you just modified (Account) and scroll down to look for the ClientSuccess section. You should see information from ClientSuccess for the particular account that you are viewing.
8. Then, save the changes to the Account Layout.