Our product usage tracking feature allows you to observe key actions that your clients do within your app. These events can be nearly anything, including: buttons clicked, pages viewed, time spent completing actions, projects completed, or dollars processed. The right metric is whatever best indicates that your user is engaged and getting value out of your app. The visibility of this data in ClientSuccess is a comparison view over pre-defined periods of time in the Usage App window on a client record as show below.
You can track up to 20 events that would include up to 1 million events a month.
You can also include usage metrics as a part of your overall SuccessScore!
There are four options for sending usage data into ClientSuccess:
- Directly from the API: Submitting events to the ClientSuccess Usage API. This is best for lower-level, complex events, calculated, or batched data.
- When passing through emails via the API, we strongly recommend passing them through as lower-case strings.
- Via Segment: Sending usage data in via Segment integration.
- Configured Flat file: Follow these instructions to import CSV. We support ad-hoc and scheduled imports of usage data via the following methods:
- Google Cloud Files
*Note that you can use any combination of these methods to push different types of usage metrics into the Usage App tracker in ClientSuccess. :-)
What information does ClientSuccess usage tracking provide?
- Average events within selected time period
- Total events within selected time period
- Trending visualization of events within selected time period
- Trending visualization of events within previous time period
- Available time periods:
- Last week
- Last month
- Last 7 days
- Last 30 days
- Last 60 days
- Last 90 days
- Last 180 days
How to configure:
To install product usage tracking, you must:
- Be an Admin user with full access to ClientSuccess.
1. Locate your Usage API Key and Project ID on the Usage Settings screen.
2. Configure one of the following options to begin sending usage events to ClientSuccess.
- ClientSuccess Usage API - click on the "Add an event" box to see instructions
- Flat File (CSV)
3. From your Usage Settings page, set a "Primary Metric", "Default Date Range" and "Default Metric":
4. If the organization name passed in matches a Client name in ClientSuccess, then the ID will be associated with that client automatically when the first event is passed in. If the organization name doesn't match a Client name exactly, then you will need to perform a one-time, manual pairing after the first event is passed in as shown in the image below. You will need to click on the drop-down arrow and select the correct client that usage data should be paired with and hit "save". Once the organization ID is associated with a Client, all future events will be automatically associated with that Client by the organization ID.
Note: Data must be actively sent into ClientSuccess before the Usage App window will show up in the interface.