Our product usage tracking feature allows you to observe key actions that your clients do within your app. These events can be nearly anything, including: buttons clicked, pages viewed, time spent completing actions, projects completed, or dollars processed. The right metric is whatever best indicates that your user is engaged and getting value out of your app. The visibility of this data in ClientSuccess is a comparison view over pre-defined periods of time in the Usage App window on a client record as show below.
You can track up to 20 events that would include up to 1 million events a month.
You can also include usage metrics as a part of your overall SuccessScore!
There are four options for sending usage data into ClientSuccess:
- Server: Submitting events to the ClientSuccess usage API. This is best for lower-level, complex events, calculated, or batched data.
- When passing through emails via the API, we strongly recommend passing them through as lower-case strings.
- Segment.io: Sending usage data in via Segment integration.
- Flat file (*NEW*): Follow these instructions to submit a .csv file via email to email@example.com, with aggregated usage data to be imported into ClientSuccess.
*Note that you can use any combination of these methods to push different types of usage metrics into the Usage App tracker in ClientSuccess. :-)
What information does ClientSuccess usage tracking provide?
- Average events within selected time period
- Total events within selected time period
- Trending visualization of events within selected time period
- Trending visualization of events within previous time period
- Available time periods:
- Last week
- Last month
- Last 7 days
- Last 30 days
- Last 60 days
- Last 90 days
- Last 180 days
How to configure:
To install product usage tracking, you must:
- Be an Admin user with full access to ClientSuccess.
- Submit a request to our support team via the in-app chat messenger or firstname.lastname@example.org with the message: "Please enable usage for our instance of ClientSuccess". This will generate your API Key and Project ID that you will use step #2.
2. Locate your Usage API Key and Project ID on the Usage Settings screen.
3. Begin sending usage events to ClientSuccess by means of one of the available options:
4. If the organization name passed in matches a Client name in ClientSuccess, then the ID will be associated with that client automatically when the first event is passed in. If the organization name doesn't match a Client name exactly, then you will need to perform a one-time, manual pairing after the first event is passed in as shown in the image below. You will need to click on the drop-down arrow and select the correct client that usage data should be paired with and hit "save". Once the organization ID is associated with a Client, all future events will be automatically associated with that Client by the organization ID.
Note: Data must be actively sent into ClientSuccess before the Usage App window will show up in the interface.