With the email integration, there are a few ways that emails could be prevented from syncing over:
- Your authentication token has expired:
- This most commonly occurs after you change your email password. Upon email password update, you will need to re-authenticate your email to CS.
- The email addresses from the email, between the authenticated CS User to the CS Contact do not match up.
- Remember the "rules" around email sync (see bottom of this article). If an email does not meet the necessary criteria, it will not be synced.
- The contact is using an alias email that is not listed in the Contacts app.
If emails have stopped coming over for all of your clients, your authentication token has probably expired. To fix this, simply go to My Settings > Email Integration. Click Disconnect, and then re-authenticate your email.
After you are re-authenticated, emails from the past 24 hours will be pulled in as well as email you receive moving forward. If you need to import historical emails outside of the previous 24 hours, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a specific timeline (ex. Past two weeks), and we will gladly run a back-sync for you.
For specific missing emails, the first thing to check is to see if the responder/sender email is reflected correctly to the contact object inside of ClientSuccess.
How to Check for Alias Emails:
- Inside of Gmail, go to the most recent message and open it
- Next to the reply arrow in the top right corner, click the drop down
- Select "Show Original"
- Inside of this original you will be able to see what email address sent the message and what email address received it. Check these email addresses to ensure that it is not an alias email address
Which emails are pulled out of Gmail into ClientSuccess?
- We use the following query to search your Gmail for emails to pull into ClientSuccess.
-in:drafts AND -in:spam AND -in:trash AND -in:chat AND after:currentYear/currentMonth/yesterday'sDay
- For example, if today were May 29th, 2019, the query would look like this:
-in:drafts AND -in:spam AND -in:trash AND -in:chat AND after:2019/05/28
- You can run this query in your Gmail, right from the search bar. Any emails that pull up in your search, should sync to CS.
Which emails will be imported to ClientSuccess?
To be imported, the email must:
- Be TO (directly or via CC) or FROM a contact that already exists in ClientSuccess.
- Be TO (directly or via CC) or FROM from you.
- Not be in the drafts, spam, or trash folders.
After validating the items above, the last step would be to provide an "Original Email" (Gmail) or the "Internet Headers" / "Message Source" (Exchange/Office 365) for one of the missing emails, to our Technical Support team. The instructions to do so are below:
Gmail "Original Email"
- Open up a missing email
- Click the three vertical dots on the top right-hand corner of the email
- Click “Show Original”
- Click "Download Original" and send that email to email@example.com.
Exchange/Office 365 "Internet Headers" / "Message Source"
*** Please be aware that there are many different versions of Outlook and Office 365 that are out in the market today. The process for locating internet headers/message sources may differ from the below ***
- Open your email service
- Double-click the missing email message to open it in its own window
- Click the File tab and select Properties
- The properties for the selected message display in a dialog box. The Internet headers pane is at the bottom of the dialog box
- Right click inside the Internet headers pane and click Select All. Press Ctrl-C to copy the headers as needed
- Close the Properties box
- Paste the contents of the missing email into a new email out to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any additional technical assistance beyond what's listed above, please reach out to email@example.com.