After connecting a Microsoft Exchange email account, ClientSuccess will automatically bring in copies of all email messages sent to or received from your contacts in a client's record. No need to BCC or forward emails as the platform will simply watch your account for you.
Emails within a 24-hour window moving forward (from the time users connect) will be brought into the Engagement module every hour.
How to configure
To connect an Exchange email account, you must:
- Have a Microsoft Exchange email account.
- Be able to access your account from outside your company network.
- Be able to connect to your account via IMAP.
Options that you may need from your IT admin:
- Exchange email server address
- IMAP port
- SSL setting (on or off)
- Username (usually the portion of your email address before the ampersand)
For messages to be brought in:
- Be TO (directly or via CC) or FROM a contact that exists in ClientSuccess within twenty-four hours of the message being sent or received.
- Be TO (directly or via CC) or FROM from you.
- ClientSuccess is hosted via Amazon EC2. If access to your Exchange server is restricted by IP, Amazon's AWS IP range must be whitelisted. This is because ClientSuccess' servers receive different IP addresses (from Amazon's range) each time a new server instance is launched.
- The email must not be in the calendar, contacts, journal, conversation history, notes, tasks, RSS feeds, clutter, junk, drafts, or shared folders.
- If you are the first on your team to connect, you will also need to enter your server address, port, and/or SSL setting.
- Select "Your settings" in the main menu (your avatar bubble in the top right corner).
- Select "Email integration" in the menu in the left sidebar.
- Click "Connect Exchange".
- Enter the email address and password for your Microsoft Exchange email account.
- Click save.
Please sign in to leave a comment.