The Support View app provides visibility to support tickets that clients have opened. This article covers specifics about integrating with Desk, required as part of completing the integration.
How to install
To configure the Jira Support View integration, you must:
- Be a Jira admin.
- Be a user with full access to ClientSuccess.
In order to pull tickets into ClientSuccess from Jira, they will need to be grouped by client. While Jira doesn't provide this functionality natively, it can be done creating projects for each client or by use of a custom field.
Configure JIRA to allow ClientSuccess to read data
1. Go to https://[sub-domain].atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/applinks/listApplicationLinks
2. In the application text field, create a new link: https://app.clientsuccess.com and click continue
3. For the application name enter: ClientSuccessApp
4. Select "Generic Application" and leave everything else blank.
5. Select the checkbox “create incoming link” and click continue.
6. For the consumer key enter: csAppKey
7. For the consumer name enter: ClientSuccessApp
8. For the public key copy and paste the following:
Create a custom field in JIRA to assign tickets to
1. Go to the Administration page, select the issues tab, and on the bottom left under the "Fields" section, select "Custom Fields."
2. You should now see the Custom Fields section of the Issues Tab. On the upper right-hand corner, click the "+ Add Custom Field" button and a "Select a Field Type" modal should open.
3. Select the "Select List (single choice)" and click the Next button.
4. In the "Name" field, enter "Client."
5. Add each of your clients as options. Note that the client name must be spelled exactly as it is in ClientSuccess.
6. When you have finished entering your clients, click "Create."
7. Next, select the screens that you want this field associated with.
8. Then, click "Update."
Authenticate in ClientSuccess
1. In ClientSuccess, navigate to the Integrations settings screen. Under Support Integrations, hover over JIRA, and click "Show Settings."
2. Click “Connect to JIRA” button.
3. Authenticate with a JIRA username and password.
4. After you have everything connected. You'll need to provide the details of the custom field you created (the type of field and what you're mapping it too. Example: Picklist type, mapping to the Client Name), as well as your Jira sub-domain (i.e.https://[sub-domain].atlassian.net. Send this to your assigned CSM or directly to email@example.com.