The Salesforce integration provides the following features:
- Import existing Salesforce accounts into ClientSuccess
- Set up a workflow rule to have new accounts sent to ClientSuccess automatically
- An interface to synchronize Salesforce account details
- Automatic synchronization of Salesforce and ClientSuccess contacts
- An interface to synchronize subscriptions with Salesforce
- The ability to generate potential subscriptions from opportunities
- A ClientSuccess Account View window in Salesforce
- The ability to push engagement interactions and notes into Salesforce
Configuring the integration
To integrate Salesforce with ClientSuccess, you must:
- Be a user with full access to ClientSuccess.
- Be running Salesforce Sales Cloud Enterprise Edition or higher.
- Be a Salesforce admin.
The standard integration does not require any development time.
Clients are uniquely identified in Salesforce by the Salesforce Account ID. This ID is brought into ClientSuccess automatically when they are imported. This ID is used to maintain a pairing between the account in Salesforce and the record in ClientSuccess. If this ID is changed or removed, the following issues may occur:
- A duplicate record may be created.
- The real-time sync will fail.
- Data will not load in the Account View in Salesforce.
Before You Get Started!
All of the interactions from ClientSuccess will occur as the connected user. In order to help ensure a reliable integration that isn't impacted by users coming and going within your organization we highly recommend establishing a specific user for the integration and not using individual or admin accounts.
This will allow the user to be managed independently by the right roles and permissions required to support the integration properly.
Also, a critical step to avoid delayed authentication issues which can cause syncing issues between Salesforce and ClientSuccess, under the OAuth policies, confirm the following settings and adjust as necessary in the "Connected App Edit" of Salesforce:
- Set Permitted users to “Admin approved users are pre-authorized.” Click "OK" in the alert that appears.
- Set IP Relaxation to "Relax IP restrictions".
- Set Refresh Token Policy to "Refresh token is valid until revoked".
Make sure to click “Save.” You should then be returned to the list of connected apps and can continue configuration.
Steps for Salesforce Integration Configuration
1. Enable the Salesforce integration on the Integrations settings screen
2. Click "Show settings" on the right to reveal configuration settings.
3. Click "Connect" and sign in with the preferred Salesforce Sales Cloud account. See tip above about establishing a specific account for ClientSuccess to use to access the Salesforce instance. Make sure that you are logged in as that user when performing this step!
4 .Enter your Salesforce Organization ID and click "Save."
5. Install the ClientSuccess for Salesforce App in your Salesforce instance.
6. If you use "products" in the opportunity record, you will need to match the ClientSuccess list to your Salesforce list of products and add the Salesforce Product ID to each corresponding product in ClientSuccess.
8. Import your existing accounts from Salesforce. As part of this step, additional account fields and contacts will be imported + synced for each account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why am I seeing this inside of Salesforce?
A: The Salesforce ID is not linked inside of the Client Details and/or the Salesforce Organization ID has not been entered into the Salesforce Organization ID field (see step 4)
If you have any questions and would like to find out more information, or if you have other products you would like to see integrated with ClientSuccess, please reach out via the messenger below.