After setting up the Salesforce Integration and importing your existing Salesforce Accounts, new Accounts will be imported into ClientSuccess when the Account is saved with the "Sync with ClientSuccess" checkbox checked. This checkbox was added to the Account object when installing the ClientSuccess for Salesforce App (previously completed under step #5). You can check this checkbox manually or set up a workflow rule to check it automatically. A common rule is to check it when the Account Type is set to "Customer" or when an Opportunity is marked "Closed Won." If you choose to have it checked automatically, we recommend that you remove it from Page Layouts.
The following fields are brought over and are mapped to Salesforce fields when the existing clients are imported:
- Salesforce Account ID
- Client name
- Client-as-of date
- Assigned CSM
- Assigned sales rep
- Client Type
How to configure a Salesforce Workflow Rule
To configure the real-time sync, you must:
- Be a Salesforce admin.
- Have already completed the Salesforce Integration.
1. Navigate to the "All Workflow Rules" screen by typing "Workflow Rules" in the "Quick Find" box or selecting Setup → Build → Create → Workflows & Approvals → Workflow Rules.
2. Click "New Rules" in the center of the screen.
3. This will begin a three-step process to create a Workflow Rules. Begin by selecting "Account" from the Object pick-list.
4. Click "Next" to go to Step 2.
5. Name the rule "Sync with ClientSuccess." Then, specify the Rule Criteria by selecting the field you want to use as a trigger and the value that it should match to.
6. You'll be taken to a new screen where you can Specify Workflow Actions. From the "Add Workflow Action" menu, select "New Field Update."
7. Name the field "Sync with ClientSuccess," select "Sync with ClientSuccess" as the field to update, and select "True" for the new field value.
8. Click "Done" in the upper-right.
9. Lastly, click "Activate" to make this new Workflow Rule active.